Setting up a simple vacation response in Gmail is quite easy. The steps below shows you how to setup the “on vacation” message.
- First, open Gmail. Then, click on the settings icon on the top right side (with the gear icon) and choose settings:
- In the settings page (under the “general” tab), scroll down to find “Vacation responder” section:
- Next, do the following four steps:
- Select “Vacation responder On”.
- Select the first and last day of your vacation.
- Enter the subject and the message.
- Press Save Changes and you are done!
Test your vacation responder setup by sending an message to yourself from another email account.
See the vacation responder setup in action:
If you want a smarter auto-reply setup, there is a better technique for that. See Gmail auto-reply using canned responses article.